Saturday, August 27, 2011

Peace in the storm

As Hurricane Irene makes its way up the East coast, we  have been keeping a close eye on the projected path. We may have a tropical storm here in NH by Sunday, downgraded from the current category 2 H near the North Carolina coast right now. TS is a bit better, but the strong winds and flooding can still cause problems. A quick intense storm passed this way last week and many trees and telephone poles were downed. People were without power anywhere from a few minutes to a few days.  We've had bad Nor'easters in New England and always held together through each one. We always have a plan on how to prepare the house,yard and essential supplies, but the best preparation is prayer. Whether the storm we experience is from a hurricane or personal conflicts, seeking God's holy word should always be our first line of defense.
 Here are a few verses that I like to read and think about in times I feel nervous:
'Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' Isaiah 41:1
"I have set the Lord continually before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." Psalm 16:8 (AMP)
1 Peter 5:7
"Casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you."
John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
 
 I hope these encourage you as they do me.
If you have a verse that helps lift you up, please feel free to share it in a comment.

1 comment:

  1. "Haven't I commanded you: be strong and courageous? Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go." ~ Joshua 1:9

    ReplyDelete