Friday, September 28, 2012

Happy Friday!!!

  This is the last Friday of September 2012. For those of us in New England, it signals the start of winter. Most of us have set aside this weekend to pack away Summer and take out the warm clothes. I have already used my jacket, and the wood stove is keeping us nice and cozy.
   The leaves have already turned brilliant shades of red, yellow and orange, and are now falling in preparation of hibernation. We are planning which trees we'll tap in the spring for yummy (real) maple syrup.
  My son spent part of the afternoon splashing in puddles that will soon freeze over. The screen house will also be taken down tomorrow. It was a terrific Summer, and this is one of the first times I am not looking forward to the Autumn change. Could be because I got a cold this week. or, just missing the days I could sit outside in the yard and listen to the gentle chirps of birds in  the neighborhood.
  Front steps are decorated with pumpkins, mums, and corn stalks. Blue jays have returned and pierce the air with their wretched screeches. We haven't put up a bird feeder yet, mostly because the last one rusted thoroughly through. But, there have been bear sightings in town and I don't want to lure them to the yard with all the kids around here(unless they really are pushing my buttons. (jk))
  Columbus Day weekend is in two weeks, which is when I plan to return to see my family in RI. My Grandma turns 95 this week and we want to have a party for her. She still lives on her own, and is very independent. She has slowed down a bit, but insists on doing as much as she can on her own.
Another thing I plan to do that weekend is go to the 33rd annual Autumnfest in the town I'm from. I always look forward to it because I went there every year when it began until I moved to NH, and try going as often as I can. There will be a parade, fireworks,music, food, and rides. Lots of things for us to do!
   One thing I am looking forward to is our friend who traveled to Ca. just became engaged and is moving back to NH. I feel sorry she didn't get to stay long, but she did get there and saw what it's like. I give her major kudos for following her dream :) They will be planning their wedding and the rest of their life together <3
   So, this season brings changes, for better or worse. I will seek God to lead me in His path so there will be less chance of me stepping in poo .
  I hope you have a great Autumn and write me a note as to what you plan on doing these next few weeks :)
Thanks,
'Love and blessings,
Lori LC

No comments:

Post a Comment