Friday, May 6, 2011

A lamp gone out =/

While reading yesterday's paper, I quickly glanced at the obituaries. My heart dropped when I saw a friend of mine just passed away. What?! She was so young, I saw her about two months ago while shopping, she has a son to care for! I was stunned and speechless. Her picture shows a young lady smiling back,not sickly as the write up says. Who is taking care of her boy?
 I have known her for at least fifteen years, but am ashamed to admit we didn't keep in touch as friends should. We talked whenever we met, caught up on life, and that was it. I know she's a Christian and has the hope of eternal life. I wonder what she's doing right now. I felt a twinge of envy that she's walking in heaven with no more troubles or pain. She gets to meet Jesus! Man oh man how I look forward to my time, but just not yet.
 I went to the store for a few things and realized that was the last place I saw her. She wasn't feeling well, but didn't seem deathly sick. She was her usual self, but I may have been distracted by my own life to really notice any thing wrong.
 I got back to my van and burst out in tears at thinking of the memory of her, her smile,angelic voice, and her son. What is going to happen with him?  I found out he insisted on having a memorial service for her this Saturday.bless his heart. I will try to help him as much as possible. Please pray for him and the family taking him in.
 It has made me more aware of keeping in touch or at least praying for family and friends.
<3 God Bless,
~Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment